This is a lesson plan designed for C2 students in which they read a text about a man and his impulsive friend Kevin. It’s designed for students preparing for Cambridge C2 Proficiency exam as it offers some exam practice for reading part 7 and introduces some expressions that may appear in use of English part 4. Download the student handout and answer key below:
The lesson procedure is pretty straightforward:
- Pre-reading: students are introduced to the characters and predict what might happen in the story.
- Gist reading: students read the text quickly to check if their predictions were correct.
- Detailed reading/exam practice: students read again and complete the reading part 7 task.
- Vocabulary focus: students discuss the meaning of the expressions in bold, make a note of them and then test each other.
- Recall: students turn the handout over and attempt to recall the expressions using version 2 as a prompt. This replicates what they’re required to do in use of English part 4.
- Part 4 practice: students cover the text and attempt the key word transformation questions. Alternatively, these could be set for homework.
- React & Extend: students react to the text and attempt to continue it with their ideas about what Kevin and the narrator got up to next.
Title: C2: Reading & Vocabulary – My Friend Kevin
Source: Tim’s Free English Lesson Plans
Source URL: https://freeenglishlessonplans.com
Date: February 12, 2024 at 06:44PM
Feedly Board(s): Englisch